BB Heritage Museum
Ganaway Activity Centre
268 Ballywater Road,
Millisle, BT22 2LZ
9am to 2pm
At other times by appointment
The Maurice Williamson Boys’ Brigade Heritage Museum is situated within a tranquil setting of the Ganaway Training and Activity Centre in the Ards Peninsula between Millisle and Ballywalter. The museum provides a focal point for the collection and care of material illustrating the work and witness of The Boys’ Brigade.
The Maurice Williamson Boys’ Brigade Heritage Museum, the museum collects, safeguards and conserves memorabilia and archive material relating to the formation, activities and development of The Boys’ Brigade since its founding on the 4th October 1883, and such non-BB memorabilia and archive material as may set in context the role of the BB since that date. Run entirely by B.B. Volunteers, the Museum provides the maximum care and responsibility for items, which are gifted to it or which are acquired by or for it and ensures that all such items are carefully and properly recorded as part of its key records.
The facade of The Boys’ Brigade Heritage Museum is so designed to replicate that of the Charlotte Street Mission Hall, Donegall Pass, Belfast where The Boys’ Brigade was formed in Ireland in 1888.
The Museum is openmost Wednesday mornings and at other times by appointment. Located on the East Coast of County Down, why not make The B.B. Heritage Museum a place in which to visit as part of your trip along the scenic coastal route of the Ards Peninsula. Visits can be arranged by telephoning the Ganaway Centre on 028 9186 1297.
A smaller archive of our B.B. Heritage is located at our May Street Headquarters in Belfast where a concise collection of Boys’ Brigade memorabilia is on display.