This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to all products and services, and instances where we collect your personal data.
This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by The Boys’ Brigade Belfast Battalion.
Use the links below to find out more about how we use your personal information:
- Who are we and how do you contact us and our Data Protection Lead?
- What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
- What is the source of your personal information?
- When do we share your personal information with others?
- What should you do if your personal information changes?
- For how long is your personal information retained by us?
- What are your rights under data protection laws?
The Belfast Boys’ Brigade and our Data Protection Lead
We have a dedicated data protection lead (“DPL”). You can contact the DPL using the details below or by writing to the above address, marking it for the attention of the DPL or going to Contact Us.
2. What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
3. What is the source of your personal information?
We’ll collect personal information from the following general sources:
- From you directly, and any information from or associates
- Information generated about you when you use our products and services
- From other sources such as publically available directories and information (for example, telephone directory, social media, internet, news articles), other organisations to assist in prevention and detection of crime, police and law enforcement agencies
4. What do we use your personal data for?
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional correspondence and emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact details which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
5. When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
6. How and when can you withdraw your consent?
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the details below.
7. What should you do if your personal information changes?
You should tell us so that we can update our records using the details in the Contact Us section of our website. We’ll then update your records if we can. Also if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the below address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
8. Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
We’re unable to provide you with our products or services if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll make this clear.
9. Do we do any monitoring involving processing of your personal information?
In this section monitoring means any: listening to, recording of, viewing of, intercepting of, or taking and keeping records (as the case may be) of calls, email, text messages, social media messages, in person (face to face) meetings and other communications.We may monitor where permitted by law and we’ll do this where the law requires it, or to comply with regulatory rules, to prevent or detect crime, in the interests of protecting the security of our communications systems and procedures and for quality control and staff training purposes. This information may be shared for the purposes described above.
10. For how long is your personal information retained by us?
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us; and/or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
11. What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not. The right of data portability is only relevant from May 2018.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to haveincomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact us using the details below.
12. Your right to object
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us by going to the Contact Us section of our website to exercise these rights.
13. What are your marketing preferences and what do they mean?
We may use your home address, phone numbers, email address and social media or digital channels (for example, Facebook, Google and message facilities in other platforms) to contact you according to your marketing preferences. You can stop our marketing at any time by contacting us using the details below or by following the instructions in the communication.
14. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights or contact the DPL, you can contact us by going to the Contact Us section of our website. Alternatively, you can write to BB House, 14 May Street, Belfast, BT1 4NR, marking it for the attention of the DPL.